Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pool Sharks

One of the most surprising things I've seen in a long time - my mother shooting pool on Christmas Day! We had finished our wonderful dinner and everyone was scattered around the house, doing different things. I realized that I hadn't seen Mom in a while so I went looking for her. Thought maybe she was taking a little nap somewhere - at her age, she does love a good long snooze later in the afternoon. So where did I find here? Downstairs in the family room, taking a lesson from young Abby at the pool table! I'd say they were having quite a good time, with Abby being a patient teacher and Mom being a quick learner. Ages 8 and 84, playing pool. Quite a sight! By all accounts they were pretty evenly matched and a good time was had by both.

No comments: