Thursday, September 03, 2009

It Took Me A Week

Now that we no longer have cable, we've had to surf the few remaining channels we do get for worthwhile tv shows. We stumbled on "America's Got Talent" a month or so ago and got hooked on it. Last week, Reba McEntire was a guest artist on one of the episodes. (Yeah, I know, I look just like her, don't I?) I mentioned to Chris that I had seen her as an opening act, at Music Hall, sometime around 1980 before she had made it big. But I could not for the life of me remember WHO she was the opening act for - all I could remember is that it was a male country artist who was very popular at the time.

For the past week I have been going crazy trying to think of the name ... we did searches on the internet, I kept turing over names in my mind. It was right on the tip of my tongue but so help me, I couldn't come up with his name. Then all of a sudden last night, while watching AGT again it came to me in a flash. What a relief! Kind of like getting rid of a migraine headache after suffering for days ....

Do you recognize this man? (Probably not, he's not a big star any more, though his web site says he still tours sometimes.) It's B J Thomas.

No comments: