Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Birthdays Part 2

After our visit in Blanchester we dropped Mom off at home and went to party #2 of the day, for Josh who's now 17. We got there just in time for cake and ice cream, with the adults out on the deck and the kids (mostly) inside watching a movie. Abby came outside with some fun light-up toys that put on quite a light show as she waved them around in the dark.
After a while she asked if I wanted to see her rock collection; of course I did - Kelly used to have a fine rock collection, and I know I used to collect rocks when I was little ... so we went into the living room where she had her shells, stones, fossils and sea glass spread out.
Some of her shells and sea glass were from the beach, and she told me about how she digs underneath the deck to find rocks and fossils - she's quite the archeologist! She knows a lot about her collection and I'm glad she invited me to see it. A fine way to end our busy day!

No comments: