Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Four Letter Words of Winter



Snow. Cold Rain. Wind. Gray Days.

There’s not much good in these frozen months, the Worst Season of the Year. I know it’s a necessary evil – we must endure the bone-chilling temperatures, the long cold days and the even colder nights in order to enjoy the rebirth of nature that comes with Spring. But we’re only a few weeks into this season and my hands are already chapped, I’ve slipped on ice more than once and have had to scrape my car windows too many times. My mood is way down in the dumps as the days get shorter and the skies fill with gloomy clouds. Bah! Enough! The only way to keep my sanity is to focus on the warmer weather even though it’s a distant dream, counting the days ‘til my calendar says First Day of Spring!”
Let the countdown begin: 103 days until March 20th!

No comments: