Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Day 2005

Our Christmas Day started not too terribly early. Chris is always the early-riser, every day of the year, so he was up long before the rest of us. I woke up about 8:30, got dressed and ate a breakfast muffin (courtesy of Teresa - yum!) and then woke up the sleeping beasts (teenagers). We were opening gifts by 9:15 or so - a very civilized event compared to the days of old when frenzied children could hardly contain themselves. I won't try to list all the gifts, but some of the favorites seemed to be: for Kelly, her Petz game for the computer and an electric blanket; for Matt, his set of Legos (a Star Wars X-wing fighter) (yes, he's really 19 years old and still likes Legos); for Chris, our new digital camera and his G. Gordon Liddy calendar (if you know what that means, you're grinning!); and for me - I love the new camera too, and the set of watercolor prints that Chris had framed for me. (My mom painted these portraits while in art school in 1945 or 1946. My sisters will be green with envy when they see these!) Matt gave me some incredible Godiva hot cocoa mix and Kelly gave me a bundle of GREEN bracelets that I had admired.





Shortly after we finished opening gifts I called Mom and invited her over for a few minutes so she could see the watercolors. We visited and talked for a while, then she had to dash back home to get ready for the afternoons activities. We picked her up a little after noontime and headed out to the Liberty Township homestead for an afternoon of fun. We had a great time visiting with everyone, opened more gifts and ate a wonderful meal around 4:00. By the time we packed up and turned for home it was about 6:00, but felt like 10:00. One of the more relaxed and less stressful Christmas Days we've had in a long time!




These pictures were all taken with our new camera which we're still learning to use, hence a little bit of fuzziness on a few of them. It's got a lot of cool features, many more than our other digital camera, so we'll become more proficient as time goes on. Stay tuned for dozens, or probably hundreds of great pictures in the months to come!

No comments: