Tuesday, November 10, 2009

They're Everywhere ...

Last Saturday afternoon we set out with our cameras in hand, ready to spend a sunny afternoon taking pictures in different parts of downtown Cincinnati. The creative team at church had put out a call for pictures of doors for an upcoming project so we were on the lookout for all kinds of doors - homes, businesses, churches, whatever we happened upon. My favorites are always the old and the colorful doors, and sometimes the unusual or funny doors that happen catch my eye. Who'd have thought that there were so many cool old doors to be found? We wandered through Walnut Hills, Mt. Adams and some sort of scary parts of the downtown business district. (But in the light of day we felt safe enough.)

Old garage doors on a house in Clifton

A dry cleaners in Walnut Hills

A closed shop in Walnut Hills

A fancy gated doorway in Mt. Adams

Side entrance to a business, in an alley

Used to be a nice restaurant ....

Wonderful beat-up looking red door in Mt. Adams

My all time favorite kind of door - rounded top, in a little house in Clifton. I will go to my grave wishing I lived in an old house with a rounded door!

Who could it be? Reflections of me in a door in Walnut Hills ....

One of my favorite pictures from this field trip - my favorite color green, paired up with an awesome old doorknob!

Nifty purple-ish blue door - very crisp!

Don't you just love these big ornate doors with all the architectural detail?

Layer upon layer of paint from the years gone by - and look at the cool old lock!

Newer purple door in Mt. Adams. (Is purple an "in" color now and I don't know it? We saw so many purple doors on this outing.)

Rusy door with bronze door knob in an alley.

Didn't exactly proclaim "Home Sweet Home."

Old wood doors to a (closed?) business in Walnut Hills. (Reflection of the hubster crossing the street behind me was accidental. But fun.)

Oh. That's the end. I took a lot more and it was hard to choose which ones to show you. Hope it wasn't too much of a bore. We sure had a fun day, just me, the husband and our cameras!

No comments: