Saturday, August 08, 2009

Trash to Treasures

Our village sponsored its annual "Trash to Treasures" community-wide yard sale today. This, in my opinion, is more fun than Christmas Day! I love looking through other peoples old unwanted stuff and enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" as I wander from street to street, never knowing what kind of deal I'll stumble across. The hubster found a couple of boxes of old tools and a Leatherman gadget; I, on the other hand, found some colorful baby toys, a cute Halloween costume for Tara's first trick-or-treat night and a hand mixer. (Which - my daughter pointed out to me - I had already bought one for her at a yard sale previously. Oh well, for one dollar I now have a back-up hand mixer in my pantry.)

QUACK!

Oh, and best of all, some sweet little kitty cat Robeez ....brand new, for $2. I think that's a pretty good deal, right? From what I've heard, these are pricey little shoes.

No comments: